Reading should be encouraged, not by force or as a means of punishment. Youth are more willing to read when they are given the option to choose what they read. To see reading happening daily in their environment is also one of the biggest motivators for reading. Mocha Books' book clubs were created for accessibility to literature and community building. Our mission is to support literacy in and out of the home, and to foster a love of reading. It is the intent of Mocha Books to achieve this by offering free or low cost programs for youth and adults.
FREE BOOK CLUB Local and out of state youth (birth - 14) can earn 1 free book every month with a completed reading log.
- Check buddy or independent reader.
- Read a book, newspaper or magazine article and write the title in the box.
- Each box signed by a guardian
- Complete 1 reading report of your favorite book this month.
Thank you to our donors who continue to donate new and/or gently used books for our youth. This program is possible because of YOU.
Special thanks to the donors below who have donated two or more books to our literacy club.
Salisha Shears, 50 States 50 Books, DeCorey Hale, Corinthia Myrick, Little Learners Publishing, Dawit Publishing , Christopher Gates, Dr. Vickel Darby, Nicholas Sampson, Beatrice Brown and Reesa Shayne.
If you would like to donate to our free book club please mail to the address below with a letter addressing donations.
Mocha Books, LLC
ATTN: Book club
PO Box 481205 Tulsa, Ok 74148
Due to COVID-19 the clubs below are temporarily unavailable. If you have any questions or would like to be updated when they are available contact us by phone or email.
- READ AND CREATE Every month we will host a themed storytime + activity. This free event is recommended for ages 4-8. Space is VERY limited.
- YOUNG READERS BOOK CLUB This local book club (ages 9-12) will be facilitated by youth and assisted by the founder. There is a one time $20 fee for bookish swag bags, but otherwise free. Space is limited to 10 children.
If you are interested in having a Young Readers chapter at your school or organization please contact us.
- MOVIE BOOK CLUB A read, watch and discuss club open to mature teens and adults with ongoing discussions. Online members are welcome to join and we will go live during the discussions.
Yes! We host daycare, playdates and other groups for storytime & crafts or bookfairs. Contact us for details