Nerdy Bunny and the Busy Bee Bully Bear Business
Description: When Nerdine, a precocious and tomato-obsessed bunny, discovers that the bees in Cottontail Burrow have stopped working, she must find a solution to convince the bees to get back to pollinating. If she can’t, then the Honey and Harvest Festival will only have angry bees, sobbing bears, very little eats, and no delicious sweets. Cottontail Burrow doesn’t need a hero--they need a Nerdi Bunny!
What or who inspired you to write Nerdi Bunny?
- Aisha: After reading an issue of National Geographic that was all about the bees, I thought it was an important subject for children to know about, since every child I know always said they didn't like bees. Bees have had such a bad reputation and it was important to change that because they are very important to our ecosystem.
What challenges did you face while writing this story?
- Aisha: Since I'm not an apiarist, I really needed to make sure that I had my facts straight, but also make the lessons accessible to children in a fun way.
What do you hope for readers to take away from this story?
- Aisha: Everyone that reads Nerdi's adventures gets something different from them. Obviously, the lesson of why bees are so vital to our survival, but also the importance of continuing to read and learn new things and standing up for the things you care about--even when it isn't easy.
What do you like to do when you are not writing?
- Aisha: I enjoy spending time with my family and cats. I also sew, dabble in zumba classes, binge watch TV shows--I love Riverdale, lol.
Who is your favorite author and why?
- Aisha: That's not really a fair question--because I don't have just one! Judy Blume made me love to read. I really love all kinds of YA novels. I'm also a high school English teacher so I appreciate a lot of the classic writers like Flannery O'Connor, Zora Neale Hurston, Geoffrey Chaucer, and James Baldwin. Yeah, this is not a fair question at all, lol.
Lastly, Are you currently working on anything that you would like to share with our readers? If not, do you plan to write and publish more books?
- Aisha: Summer 2020 the third adventure in the Nerdi Bunny series will be released, so I'm very excited about that. Next year, God willing, I will host my first book festival for indie authors: The Brown Brainy Brilliant Book Festival in Philadelphia. It was supposed to happen in summer 2020, but due to the pandemic we had to postpone for next year.
Where can our audience purchase Nerdi Bunny?
- Aisha: Copies can be purchased at Amazon.
Thank you Aisha Toombs for sharing your story with Mocha Books and our readers.